Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Amy Martinez


In the short amount of time God has blessed me to be present in the lives of the Martinez Family I have enjoyed many precious moments and treasure each memory that was generously shared with me.  A significant conversation shared with Juan's mama on the back patio was when I first knew she was more than my future husband's mom, she embraced me as her daughter too.  It wasn't something she said, it was a look in her eyes and the way she held her mouth just so.  So many of my "firsts" in the old family home would also be my last.  The first "Prom Photos" for the firefighters banquet, my first Thanksgiving, my first Christmas and birthdays; all memories I treasure.  I even learned to enjoy the stopping by unannounced that Juan frequently took me to do.  I loved that everyone time we left she would stand on the front porch and watch us go, waving good bye- every time.  Everyday we create new memories and with each moment we have the opportunity to make it special.  Mama Sharon spent 35 years in a home making it special, and in the process she entered the hearts and lives of too many people to count, in turn making her exceptionally special and loved.  I look forward to the special moments that will surely fill the new family home with love, warmth, and people that magically become family.




No comments:

Post a Comment