Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Brent Martinez

Mom,

I loved this house so much. I remember the first time I ever saw it. It was nothing but 2X4’s and its frame. We walked all around and walked upstairs and we could see all the way to … Pauls Valley!! I was so happy for our family and excited to move to Moore. Moore was the cool place to live then. It was the best feeling in the world.

I remember me and Dad planting the tree in the back. That tree still has most of its branches, all the other trees around there have been stripped. It’s crazy to think that tree probably saved your life! 

I used to climb on the roof to look for tornados! Hahaha Mom’d come outside, it’s storming, “Brent! What are you doin up there? Get your ass down!”

We accidently lit the whole field on fire one time. Somebody lit a firecracker and threw it and it landed in the whole box of fireworks and caught the back field on fire. We had to get the water hose and put it out.

Sitting on the back porch at the table, drinking tea, smoking cigarettes. All the Thanksgivings and Christmases. 

I’m going to miss it so much. 

Love you,
Brent



No comments:

Post a Comment