Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Natalia "Tasha" Bulatova

This house for me was a revelation. It all started with glass door, I walked in it at least three times, each one was very cartoonish and ended up with a little humiliation, huge laugh, and a verse in my song.

Yep, in this house I had a song of my own. And it wasn't a big surprise, because the whole house sang.

With little children voices, Steph and Juan in the shower, Mum humming while cooking, people coming and going, games playing, babies bubbling.

This house was always full of people, joy, care, great food  and laugh. To this day I try to recreate Mum's macaroni in cheese and hot sauce became an obsession.
Mum could do so many things it is impossible even to imagine-do a meal, that was delicious, mend a broken heart, play blokes, do the evil eyes (in that moment you literally disappear with a slight hssss), sing with the kids, wash the babies in the sink, make a harvest of halopeneans that big, I thought it was capsicum and set for hours mouth full of ice cubes, (that episode also got into the song), kill the rattle snake with a shovel (or may be with a glance), do the macaroni angels and thousands things more.

She was, is, and always will be the love, the care, and the soul of this house. I still don't know where she had patience and wisdom for us all, but she did.

Mum I love you with all my heart and miss you every day. One day the door will bang and you'll know that it is me- forehead in a glass door.

Your little shit,
Tasha.






No comments:

Post a Comment