Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Greg Fike

My favorite memory at Aunt Sharon's house...

Kim and I dated for a couple years before we got married....as you know she is from cajun country in Southwest LA and comes from a very large family.... crazy aunts, uncles and cousins....very similar to ours.  For two years she apologized every time we got around them all and got embarrassed as the stories started, while I was laughing....the more i laughed, the more embarrassed she became.

Soon after we were married, we visited OKC on Thanksgiving with my mom, BJ and her crew...first time Kim met everyone from my side.  We had Aunt Sharon's house packed out with all the aunts, uncles and cousins...spent two days eating and laughing at all the crazy stories....great times for sure.  During the second day we were there, Kim pulled me aside in Sharon's kitchen and told me she had something very important to share with me privately....nervously, I pulled her over in the corner and I said what is the matter...Kim said, "I am so glad you brought me to meet your extended family, but want you to know something very important...... I am not embarrassed about my family anymore"

I still laugh every time I tell that story.....Duck Dynasty ain't got nuttin' on us.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment