Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Garland Moore

Sharon,

I wish my introduction to this family would have been better. I remember the judgment in several looks I was given.  Coming from a dysfunctional family my eagerness to fit in was great and difficult.  When I first came to your home I didn’t know what to expect.  But you and your home were warm and inviting.  I felt accepted and welcome.  To me home had been a feeling of….. when you are young it was a place you couldn’t wait to leave and when you are grown and gone a place you were desperate to get back to.  Over time and with some hard work I came to realize that I was surrounded by a big and loving family and this was home.  

I want you to know that being welcome in your home was a beginning of a connection that I have made with this family and what I live for.  I have been and always will be ready to return to any home you invite me to.

Your loving friend,
Garland         

No comments:

Post a Comment