Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cindy Godwin Feeback

There are so many memories I cherish from your house, Sharon. Here are just a few of the many: learning and playing piano in the music room with Steph and I loved that you loved hearing us play. Hitting the clear button on the microwave. Grandma's butterfly (I want you to know I do "Brooklyn's butterfly" with the stickers I have up in her room). Trying to tick you off by sitting in your chair at the table...except it never worked...you were always so kind even at times when I know you didn't want to be. Falling off your bed and hearing Steph laugh hysterically for probably an hour. Your beds are always so nicely made...I couldn't ever make them back right. Teal green carpet. Sitting at the table while you pretended to cut Steph's hair and I said, "That would drive the hell out of me crazy to death!" I was so embarrassed that I cussed in front of you that I proceeded with even more curse words that aren't appropriate for this post lol! To put it kindly, I think it went something like, "Well I figured I would go ahead and just mess it all up!" Anita the ghost...I didn't like her but I loved to hear you guys laugh about how freaked out I was by her. Dinners and laughing at the table. The fireman room. OU football. Drinking your coffee at the table while Steph did her makeup in the big makeup mirror. Watching you make those cute Christmas stockings...at least until I tried to pick up what I thought was a black felt dot but turned out to be a bug. The telephone on the wall in the kitchen where I told the automated line to "Hold on!" JJ's first home. Kidney stones...thank you for taking care of me. My bridal shower. Steph's baby shower for Savannah...after so many years of being gone, it felt like I had never left. My favorite room of your house is what I call your "Harry Potter Room" under the stairs, solely because it kept you safe during that awful tornado. Your house kept so many safe for so many years and went down with a bang by protecting the heart of that house which is you! The memories of that house will live on not because of the house it was but because of the home you made in it. Although I did love your house, that special place everyone called home will always be wherever YOU are! I love you Sharon and wish for you to find that same comfort and happiness in your new home!

 Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment