Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cathey Byerly

I did not spend my childhood running through the doors of 800 Bouziden as others have so eloquently recalled. I did not grow up with Brent, Peetie, Kyla, Juan or Steph, although I know their names well. And while I have been pleased to have attended some special celebrations at 800 Bouziden over the years, it was as an adult that I came to know Sharon Martinez, or as I know her... Aunt Granny.
My friendship with Brenee has given me many things through the years and one of the most special of these is that I've been able to know and love her family. Aunt Granny is one of those unique people who prove that sincerity and graciousness still exist in this world. She has been comforting to me in hard times, always ready with a smile and a kind word, and certainly a laugh when sparring with MeMaw. She remembers the trivial tidbits of your life and makes you feel special when she asks about them later. I may not have known her long, but I know her to have a heart of gold. And I can't imagine anyone as deserving as she, to be loved in the way she is obviously loved by so many.




No comments:

Post a Comment