Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Brad Ruttman

In the short time I got to spend  at Sharon's house, I still got to experience many lifelong memories. I'll never forget getting to meet Sharon for the first time, how intimidated I was, and how quickly 800 S Bouziden felt like home. Just being there during a holiday made you understand that this was the hub of the Martinez/Clark family. No matter where everybody was, everyone always eventually ended up at Sharon's house. I'll never forget my babies playing on the green carpet, playing in the bottom drawer in the kitchen, looking for Grandma's butterfly, and playing with all of the toys in the downstairs closet. 






For me personally, I'll always remember the kitchen table. I'll always remember that as the place in the house where relationships were built, fostered, and maintained. Even if the delicious food was all consumed, the games were finished, and it was just folks talking, the table was the place where the center of attention always seemed to be. I will miss 800 S Bouziden because it really felt like home, but I know the new place will be just the same because Sharon will make it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment