Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Melissa Hall

I found myself in that house, upstairs in the bonus room, staying up all night, listening to Pete’s old records, talking and giggling, stealing and smoking Sharon’s cigarettes, trying to act like big girls.  Then later, with a daughter of my own running around, sitting around the kitchen table eating, talking, and playing Mexican train dominoes.  My mind cannot even comprehend that it’s essentially gone…but it’s not the house that made me, it was the people in it, and we are all still here and that’s all that matters.  We will carry the memories with us.  Too many memories to count, too many to even pick one out that sums them all up.  It’s like trying to remember the most important breath I’ve ever taken, when every breath is precious.  I can’t wait to make new memories with everyone at the new house.  Because as long as we are all there together it will feel like home again in no time.  I love you, Sharon.



No comments:

Post a Comment